Friday, March 4, 2011

Phobias

I hate birds.  HATE.  Capital and everything.  Gross me out.  And as I get older my fear gets worse so that right now its definitely a phobia.  My nightmare would be to be stuck in a room with birds or have a bird get in my hair, or many other bird scenarios. 
But in the spirit of spring, I bought a little glass jar that held a nest, two little eggs and (heaven forbid) a fake bird.  I was on the hunt for some apothecary jars, and this one fit the bill.  I can fill it with candy, or trinkets, or glass bulbs.  I adore the little nest and eggs, but that bird...  When I opened it up at the shop I actually got grossed out and flung the fake bird to the floor.  Regained my senses, and picked it back up.  I'm an adult, I can handle this. 
So not its at our home, on our TV console, and the kids are partially obsessed with it.  One, that I would even buy anything bird related, 2.  that one of my children has inherited my bird phobia, and 3.  that it has become a new "pet."  So for now... the bird is staying (in his glass jar and no where near my hair.)

No comments:

Post a Comment